At Cominter we have a priority objective: to act in a sustainable way in our environment, both internally and externally.
We are deeply committed to meeting the expectations of our more than 200 employees, our customers, society, suppliers and shareholders, for which we implement different social and environmental policies based on our ethical principles and respect for the community
- Professional development programme for employees, including training and internal promotion.
- Environmental awareness at workplaces, with the periodic updating of instructions and protocols related to the management of waste, water, energy…
- Programme for the prevention of occupational risks and medical attention/check-ups.
- The replacement of chemical products by others that are more efficient and cleaner.
- The introduction of new technologies to reduce the use of process water and electricity.
- Annual evaluation of environmental aspects and risks and opportunities, to determine points for improvement.
- The establishment of environmental objectives at the business level.
- The periodic supervision of procedures, the company’s energy efficiency, water usage and environmental risks.
Kartogroup España, S.L.
Cominter Tisu, S.L.
New Solar Farm Installation
The company is making decisive progress in decarbonization to reduce its CO2 emissions with the commissioning of Phase 1 of the photovoltaic installation on land adjacent to its factory in Burriana (Castellón).
In this first phase, 2,872 photovoltaic panels have been installed, which will supply green energy to the factory with a peak power of 1.57 MWp, generating 2.74 GWh per year.
Once Phase 2, which is set to begin, is complete, the total installed solar panels will be 5,012, which will generate a total of 2.80 MWp and supply a total of 4.4GWh/year.
This project will allow Kartogroup to reduce its annual CO2 emissions by over 800 tons, equivalent to what 40,000 trees planted would absorb in one year.